Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My First Book Trailer!!!

Well, I finally did it!

After a year of sharing awesome book trailers with my students and telling them how great a trailer can be to promote a book, I finally made my own.  It took me just over two hours using Windows Movie Maker, but I surmise that this is mostly because I have OCD, and it had to perfect.  I am still not absolutely 100% thrilled with it, but I think it is awesome nonetheless.

I chose to do a book trailer for Laurie Halse Anderson's Wintergirls.  This book has meant a lot to me in the past year.  First, in the past, I have struggled with anorexia and bulimia in the quest to be perfect.  This book reminded me just how crazy I was during that time period.  Second, this was the book that began my YAL obsession.  I was a Harry Potter fan and a Twilight fan, but I had never really branched out from there.  Laurie Halse Anderson opened my eyes to a world of literature that I never knew existed.  Finally, every student who has ever borrowed this book from my library has said that it made an impact on them in very different ways.  It helped some to open up about an eating disorder and other "imperfections", others to overcome their own eating disorders, and still others to understand what their friends are going through.  I hope one day to meet Laurie Halse Anderson and tell her all of this.

Without further adieu, I present to you my book trailer:

NOTA BENE:  I chose a hardcore song for this, so if you are in an office or school right now, you might want to adjust your volume.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool, Ann--so brutally, in-your-face honest. All those images of hands tied, mouths taped--wow. Hope you'll share this and talk about the process when you come visit my class! Soon!

    ReplyDelete